Well you can never find the wonders on the world in Singapore. Here I am talking about the most talked about questions in Singapore. From the political to the social issues of the country.
I mean of course there are the cons living here but I can be honest, the pros definitely outweights the cons.
Let us start by saying that most things that goes in the country are not being opened up to the people.
So if you are ever going to consider migrating here, these are 7 things you might want to take into consideration.
- Wages vs Standard Of Living.
- It is extremely ridiculous. The wages here remains the same when the standard of living increases. Let us take bus fares for exapmles. A bus fare which used to only cost 63cents for a short trip of less than 3.2km, now cost 73cents. Even the cost to go into a toilet has increased by 10cents. I mean I don’t mind paying as long as the toilets is well maintained but we are talking about a toilet that stinks and is only cleaned one or twice a day!
- Well they talk so much about transperancy but there is actually close to none. We know absolutely the minimal and only know when someone leaks out an information.
3. Working Hours.
- Already the pay is so low, the working hours adds on to the misery. We work more than the time we are suppose to mostly because work can’t be completed. Yes, they say work will never end. But they comes a point when it should. But over here works seems to drag you to your own grave.
4. Greed also known in Singapore Slang as ‘Kiasu’.
- Let me give you a rough how this works. People are basically like zombies who smells a fresh blood to munch on. They rush for everything. Absolutely no manners in queuing, doesn’t apologize when wrong and the list can go on.
5. Repay your own savings.
- Well I don’t know about other countries but I could be wrong. I find it extremely ridiculous that you have to pay back your own savings when you use it for your own education. The country emphasize so much on education . Yet when we do not have any other avenues to help us pay for our school fees and the only possible choice is our “retirement” savings ( CPF ), we have to pay back WITH INTEREST the amount we use. OUR OWN MONEY! It is like telling myslef, “Hey, Mkie here is the money you borrow yourself”. The worst part is the interest goes to the government! So basically the government gurrantee that we are going to get the money we saved. Though we will never know if we can live up to the age of 55 to take it out!
6. Community Services.
- Every race have their own organzation to help their people out. For example, SINDA, CDAC and MENDAKI. I am not saying all 3. But there is one particular organization that only helps the rich. And what happens to the rest, they become the ruff of society.
7. The Importance of Foriegners.
- We place so much importance on foriegn talent that the citizens of the country. We serve our nation to protect these people. We give up our job seats to them. We give our houses to them. Might as well give our entire country to them.
Well the points above are those of my fustration about my country. I am not frightening you. But I am trying to bring about some awarness and reality of this country.